Friday, January 14, 2011

"Trust in your heart if the seas catch fire"

"LIVE by LOVE though the starts walk backwards."- EE. Cummings

Jeremiah 29:11 says that:
"For I know the plans I have for you. Plans for good and not disaster. They are plans to bring you a future and a hope."

Hey Jesus, if you know the plan for me, could ya help a girl out?!?

I have a really hard time accepting the fact that I'm supposed to know what I want to do with the rest of my life at the age of EIGHTEEN (besides living my life for Christ, I'm talkin career path here). I am such a history nerd, it's honestly not even funny. I would rather spend a day at a museum than go shopping, anyday, and my friends will make fun of me (you know who you are), but I just don't care! I love it. My dad shares this love.

Pops and I can honestly talk about history for HOURS and we don't even realize how long we have been talking about it. Thanksgiving we were just chatting up about the Civil war, we really like to go back and stratigize things (like I said, The Pike's, or at least my dad and I are a weird bunch) Any who, all of a sudden we heard my mom calling to tell us that Thanksgiving dinner was ready....my mom STARTED thanksgiving dinner BEFORE we starting having our little chitchat. So if you catch my drift...I like history.

I even love Washington DC, in fact it's one of my favorite cities. I could literally LIVE at the Smithsonians and I would be well off.


This is even my favorite movie!


You get the gist of it.

So why can't I make a profession out of history (I don't want to be a teacher). I'll tell ya why, because no one wants to hire a history buff like me. It haunts me every day that I'm going to graduate and end up adding to the substantial unemployment rate we have going on, that could possibly be worst by the time I graduate (Thank ya Obama!) So for now I remain an international affairs major (with a love of history). Feel free to throw some ideas out (ya know, help a sistah out).

I may not know what I want to do with my life, but Jesus does and until I find out I will just have to trust in him. He WILL show me my path sooner or later (Please let it be sooner and not later, Jesus)

"Show me the right path, O Lord;
Point out the road for me to follow.
Lead my by your thrust and teach me,
for you are the God who saves.
All day long I put my hope in you"
- Psalm 25:4-5

"Trust in the Lord and go good. Then you will live safely in the land and prosper."
- Psalm 37:3

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.
Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take."
-Proverbs 3:5-6


1 comment:

  1. Keep an open mind and heart and God will guide you where He wants you to go.

    And don't even apologize for loving history. Anyone who wants to make a better future should be a student of the past. Wow! Did I just say that? Kind of profound!

    Love you and keep those blods a coming!

    Mom

    ReplyDelete