I have always grown up on the premise that a grateful heart is a thankful heart. I don't think I appreciate all of the benefience of God that is so unmerited even though we're a sinful humanity. We talked in church today about living a life without Christ in our lives. It just becomes this cycle of meaninglessness. However, when we have God with us, our lives and wildest dreams becomes reality. Choosing what is comfortable for me is not what God asks. My failure to show up when he invites me to adventures that are deeper and wilder is infidelity and a dangerous lack of trust.
Thank you Jesus for EVERYTHING that you have given me. Also thanks mom and dad too, y'all are kinda great too. (Just a little bit)
Growing up, I wouldn't say that I was given everything that I wanted but I was definitely handed many undeserving things. God granted me with two parents that show more love than I have ever seen shown. When I get married and have kids (fingers crossed), if I end up being half the parent that my mom and dad are then I think I will be well off.
Life is overtaking and Grace is overwhelming.
"In his grace, God has given us different gifts for doing certain things well. So if God has given you the ability to prophesy, then speak out with as much faith as God has given us." - Romans 12:6
You go God!
No comments:
Post a Comment