Saturday, January 15, 2011

Defining talks

To me, the altering talks in life are the ones where you don’t even need anyone to say anything. Sometimes you just need someone to listen.
Tonight I got my fro-yo on (aka frozen yogurt for all you newbies, specifically raspberry) with one of my future roomies for next year. We had one of those talks (if you’ve had one then you know exactly what I’m talking about) It’s the talk when you’re struggling with something and one hour can make all the difference in the world. Now, I’m not going to tell you what the talk was about (Hello?! I need to keep some type of concealment), but I will say THANK YOU JESUS for giving me this friend.

I was recently asking for God to send me a sign about something and I think he sent me something better, a sign in the sense of friend. Once again You have amazed me God.
Kahlil Gibran(look him up) once wrote: “Your reason and your passion are your rudder and sails of your seafaring soul. If either be broken, you could but toss and drift or else be held at a standstill amid seas. For reason, running alone is a force confining.  And passion, unattended, is a flame that burns to its own destruction."
I’ve finally come to the conclusion of which I should have realized long ago. I’m going to do what is going to make ME happy, not others, no matter what challenges I face.
“Search me, O God, and know my heart;
Test me and know my anxious thoughts.” -Psalm 139:23

No comments:

Post a Comment