Loved, Loved, Loved Pastor Brian's message this morning in church. Everyday we try and find something else that makes us more happy. We say to ourselves, "I would be more happy if only I had a little more of this," (I'm so guilty of doing it).
"I denied myself nothing my eyes desired; I refused my heart no pleasure My heart took delight in all my labor, and this was the reward for all my toil. yet when I surveyed all that my hands had done and what I had toiled to acheive, everything was meaningless, a chasing after the wind; nothing was gained under the sun."
-Ecclesiastes 2:11
Our homeboy Solomon over here had it all wrong. He wanted everything, and got everything, but he didn't really gain anything other than material things saddled with a lack of happiness.
"Do not be afraid little flock, little flock, for your Father has been pleased to give you the kingdom. Sell your possessions and give to the poor. Provide purses for yourselves that will not wear out, a treasure in heaven that will never fail, where no theif comes near and no moth destroys. For where your treasure is, there your heart will also be." Luke 12:32-34
When I read this shudder inducing scripture this morning it allowed me to finally open my eyes.
The happiest people in the world are those that give to the world.
Thanks God....I'll take this challenge
P.S.
This sweet little baby below, which happens to be my little cousin is sick with pneuemonia.
Please pray for him and his speedy recovery.
No comments:
Post a Comment