Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Like best friends you can't get rid of

Siblings live outside the touch of time. These are MINE
To the outside world we all grow old.  But not to brothers and sisters. 

We know each other as we always were.  We know each other's hearts.  We share private family jokes.  We remember family feuds and secrets, family griefs and joys. 
 


For Christmas, Joshua, my 11 year old brother got a phone, a really nice one for that matter too (compared to my brick phone I got in the 6th grade). Also he got texting. I remember having to wait almost a year after I got my phone to get texting and it definitely wasn't unlimited (I actually had to call people, imagine that?!) You know how I know the little guy loves me? He can talk to me about GIRLS! The other day we were talking about this one that he has a "crush" on.  For practical purposed let's just call her G (NOT because her first name starts with a G). After the initial shock, when he answered NO to my question that "girls do not in fact have cooties," he asked me for pointers. How cute is that?! G is one lucky girl!! I'll let ya'll know when the wedding is.

So basically from that last little tid bit we learned that I give the best advice, 11 year old adolescent boys are past the cootie stage, and also that my parents love my brother more than they loved me when I was 11 (hence the whole phone ordeal). Sometimes he acts like he's too cool for school (or for P!nk too school for cool) but irregardless I'll always love my litle munchkin. Thanks Jesus, You gave me the best little brother.
Now we need to talk about his one...
Alex, my little sister, is undeniably my best friend in the entire world and my favorite part about my childhood. I can be whoever I want around her (I'm usually a fool), but she loves me regardless. Likewise she can drive me insane. LOVE her for it. If you have a sister, you know exactly what I'm talking about. Love ya sis, and love ya Jesus.







Proverbs 22:6 "Train up a child in the way he should go; even when his is old he will not depart from it."

No comments:

Post a Comment