Monday, January 10, 2011

Humor me

Two days in a row?! I am on a roll! If I learned anything today, it was that Jesus definitely has a funny sense of humor. But I LOVE him for it. My day started at 7:15 when I woke up for my 8 o'clock class like I do. Every. Single. Day (Yes, I know what was I thinking taking a class at 8 am every day? I honestly couldn't tell ya). On my way to class, journeying my way through what seemed like the Artctic Tundra's weather that blew over to Tally, a lovely young fellow was apparently late for class and flew by my stomping through a huge puddle right as he past me and splashing water/mud/the coffee that was in my hand (What was I thinking carrying coffee and an umbrella while there was a hurricane outside? Again, couldn't tell ya). Point being, by the time I got to class, I was covered in more things than I had desired to be. Oh and the chap that ran past me? Never turned back or even uttered words remotely acceptable for an apology. I sure hope he made it ontime to his class!! I was so bitter and mad that I spent more time plotting what I would say to him if I saw him again, than paying attention to my oh so cute Lit teacher. After my class was over I had a little break to just sit and read my bible. I took a seat in the Strozier starbucks and opened my Bible up to a random page. (So proud of myself for having quiet time!! See last blog). Anywho,This is where God's humor comes into play. I just so happened to turn to Leviticus 19 and started to read. I came upon verse 18 which says " Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against anyone among your people, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the Lord." Thanks Jesus! And to my new friend if you see this, or even know who I am for that matter. I love you. Jesus loves you. And I'm sure the mud stain will come out of my jacket very nicely. :)

I had my first day of training today at FedEx office. I am now an independent working girl, not that I wasn't before (the indepedent part not the working part) So if you find yourself needing to learn how to use a copy machine. I'm your girl! (On a side note I will NOTmake fun of you for not know how to use a copy machine in 2011) If you also find yourself needing to ship a package (come to FedEx, not UPS, we're better), laminate something, pick up some sweet looking stationary, then I can also be your girl. (Promise I won't make fun of you for the latter either.)

Mom, don't read this next part: Thank you Jesus for keeping me safe as I was speeding down Thomasville road to get to my first day of training. You're the best for not stationing any cops on that road for the time being.



These are my cute parents who gave me an Olive Garden gift card in my Christmas stocking. They know me wayyyyy too well!

So with that said this girl below, my roomie and I have a hot date tonight, accompanied by some endless salad and breadsticks! Thanks Mom and Dad! Y'all are the BEST!




I would just like to leave this blog by again saying that I am SUPER proud of myself for doing this TWO days in a row (If that's not committment, then I don't know what it) Anywho, that's all for now y'all! 

Peace out cub scouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment