Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Let the waters rise

I really need to slow down. Despite the common belief, I am not infact superwoman (not even close). But for some reason I never have time to do anything much less breathe. I have a never ending list of things to do. Right when I think I can cross something off, I remember something else that needs to get done. I commit myself to way to much because I think that I can do everything. I drink an enormous amout of coffee because I think that it helps by keeping me responsive when really I don't even think it has an effect on me anymore (It's pathetic, I know) Yesterday, while I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off (I hate that saying so much), I realized that I need to stop living everyday like its a list of things to be crossed off in my head. Life is so fleeting and it's unlike me because I am very driven. I get a little obsessive and once I focus on something in my head there's absolutely no going back. I need to enjoy life more.  No I am not going to all of a sudden become a procrastinator. This is not a chance to say "I'm giving up." (I'm not about that life). Where I'm going with this is that I need to trust that God is in control of my life. I am God's beloved and he will take care of me. He will never forsake me. His love never ends.

Then Christ will make his home in your heart, as you trust in him. Your roots will grow down into God's love and keep you strong. -Ephesians 3:17.

When did love become unmoving?
When did love become unconsuming?
Forgetting what the world has told me,
Father of love, you can have me.
You can have me.

No comments:

Post a Comment