Movies about "The Big Moment" have always been my favorite. You know exactly what I'm talking about. The ones about the game, or the wedding day, or the performance, or the record deal, the stories that split time with that one key event and everything is reframed, before it and after, because it clearly just has changed everything. I have always wanted something to grab me out of this waiting game into my "big moment" movie event.
John Lennon wrote" Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans." For me, life is what was happening while I was busy waiting for my "big moment." I am here to tell you that this so called "big moment" is a huge, fat, urban myth. (Doesn't exist) Okay so maybe in some cases with the Heisman or when you become the next American Idol or the next annoying teen pop sensation (I'm talking to you Bieber). But even that football player or that singer and yes, even Bieber has a life made of up more than one moment (Just go see the Justin Bieber movie if you don't believe me).
In the best possible way, that thing that I'm waiting for, that adventure, that movie-worthy experience, this is it. Just normal daily life, the most precious thing that any of us will ever experience and I chose to believe this, as profound or frivolous as it is. Life is action-packed and multicolored if you know where to look.
No comments:
Post a Comment